Saturday 30 September 2017

Altered Cardboard Gift Box - Magnolia-licious DT

Hi everyone!

Rosette here, back with another creation, which I had to publish last Tuesday!! What a week!!!

This time I altered a cardboard box into a beautiful gift box. I really love the outcome!! I hope you enjoy it and get inspired as well! The mail red (and hint of black) flower is a handmade foamiran flower. This foamiran is really addictive, and I find myself trying to create new flowers using different colours and combinations.



I used some papers from my stash for this one. I chose some light coloured with classic faded designs... a little vintage-y detail does no harm :)

I also decorated the sides and the inside of the gift box to match.






I really enjoyed working on this box... hopefully it won't be my last. I also added some lace, some bling, a ticket and a bouquet of flowers.




The leaf is also made of green foamiran. I REALLY hope that you try this awesome material for yourself. Magnolia- licious is offering some starter kits, and is always increasing the range of different colours, stamens, styrofoam centres, etc. Go and check it out for yourself HERE!


Finally a close up of the foamiran flower. As you can see, I used red foamiran, and subtly added some black oil pastel at the tip for some contrast. I added white and black stamens for a striking effect. I like how it gives that special feel in the bouquet of flowers! Do try some yourself! I cut out these flowers out of two different sized punches which I had.





Wishing you an awesome weekend! Many blessings and hope to hear from you!

Challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - #302 - #303 - ATG

Sparkles Forum Challenges  - Die cuts or punches

Crafty hazelnut.s patterned paper challenge  - ATG



Rosette xx

3 comments:

  1. So very beautiful!!! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Rosette. So many lovely little touches. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I love seeing your art and hope to have you join us again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wedneday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete